Sunday, August 30, 2009

You are GREAT

Look into the reflection in the mirror ....
Do you love your hair do?
Do you like the way you smile?
Do you think your features are beautiful?
Do you remember to tell yourself ... "I am GREAT!"

As I stand before you
I have seen you up close and personal
I have heard you when you thought I am not attentive
I have watched you, although it is unintentional
Alas, you are more impressive than I thought of
Truth is "You are GREAT!"

Yet as you lament on your solitude
Drown in hopelessness
Bellowing incompetence
I would like to take your hand, and give you a pull
I would like to carry you, and give you a lift
I would like to tell you, and give you a refreshed reflections
Of all the wonder and greatness of yourself that I have seen
In my own instincts, I still believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment